Emotions Elicited By Different Font Style Names Different fonts convey distinct emotions and can provide a clear sense of your company culture and professionalism just as quickly as when using colors or graphics.
Ask any designer or even font enthusiast and they will quickly answer you: there is more to font selection than picking serif or sans serif. Typography and the way text is laid out on the page or screen has a measurable impact on our mood. Choosing the right font for your design project not only impacts how the viewer feels about it but also how they understand your content and brand. A design blog design mantic has created a detailed Infographic to help you learn the various moods reflected by different typefaces:
- Contrast in King: 7 Principles of Typographic Contrasts
- 18 Rules for Using Text for Designing
- Serif vs Sans Serif – The Final Battle
- 20 Pretty Awesome Fonts For Your Next Design Project
- 5 Elements of Bad Typography That Designer Should Avoid
- 20 Common Mistakes Graphic Designers Make