How to Cut Out an Image in Photoshop: This Simple 37 minutes tutorial features 10 tips and tricks, with difficulty ranging from beginner to advanced to create awesome cutouts using Photoshop. Nathaniel Dodson, who is the man behind Tutvid said. “We’ll make simple, straight-line selections with the Poly Lasso tool,” “We’ll select car parts with the Pen Tool and edit the path, we’ll use Calculations to create extremely intricate and difficult selections VERY quickly, we’ll learn to use and work with Select and Mask as well as Refine Edge, we’ll build a selection based on a single channel, and SO much more!” With these skills, you’ll be pumping out hundreds of upvotes worth of images in no time!
Check out added below video of “How to Cut Out an Image in Photoshop” that teaches making virtually ANY selection and cutting out ANYTHING you would ever need in Photoshop.
How to Cut an Image in Photoshop
- 00:35 Start every selection with Quick Selection
- 03:35 Use Select and Mask to cut out hair
- 07:14 bonus tip: Getting back to the older Refine Edge feature
- 08:58 Poly Lasso tool + tips and tricks for straight selections
- 12:42 The mighty Pen Tool
- 16:54 Using a channel to create a complex selection
- 22:54 Calculations for complex selections w/ lots of straight lines
- 26:19 Color Range to create selections based on color or tone
- 29:09 Quick Mask tools to paint selections FAST
- 31:13 What do I do once I have a selection?
- 32:26 Defringe your selections and objects for amazing edges
Nathaniel Dodson of @TutVid shows us simple 28 tips and tricks of Photoshop CC. Hope all 28 tips and tricks below will help you a lot. It’s just like learning a new language, If you have just 21 minutes you will learn a lot.
Hope you like this post “How to Cut Out an Image in Photoshop” and share it