How are marketing and social media related? Instagram Photo Dimensions, are they so important??
Social media is less about people, but more about what they do (also includes the business). Instagram is one of the most popular social media networks today. Since its introduction in October 2010, Instagram has made it big. It has over 300 million users, and the number keeps growing every day. Instagram is basically a social platform which enables image and video sharing. It is specialized in this, unlike other social media networks. Read this: Design Tips for Social Media Users
Marketing is no longer about the stuff that you make, but about the stories you tell. – Seth Godwin.
Social media is like a fierce competition between individuals and businesses. Any new opportunities to impress the viewers and to attract new clients cannot be missed. Thus, it also becomes important to understand the technicalities of this and do it well. If you wish to avoid any mistakes and give the first impression to your clients, you cannot miss on reading this one.
- Know Your File Types: When to use JPEG, GIF & PNG
- Social Media Profile Photo: Why Is it Important?
- Are You a Selfie Addict? Best Tips: How To Take A Perfect Selfie
- Daily Dose: Vector Vs Bitmap File Explanation
Here, we have a compilation of the Instagram Photo Dimensions to be followed while posting anything on Insta 😉 😉 😉 (As the instagrammars call it!!).
Optimal Instagram photo dimensions:
These are the 4 sizes one should know about.
- Square – Instagram is all about square orientation images since it was launched. They adopted this orientation to distinguish themselves from other photo-sharing apps. It also turned out to be good as this size of the image looked perfect on phones. This is the traditional Instagram size which hasn’t changed. A perfect square image is in the ratio of 1:1 or 1080×1080 pixels.
- Portrait – Portrait images are people’s favorite. This is also the perfect size for all images and covers the whole canvas well. Anything beyond this ratio is cropped. The maximum display size for a tall picture is 1080×1350 pixels or an aspect ratio of 5:4.
- Landscape – One out of every five photos posted on Instagram turned out to be in the landscape orientation. The horizontal images should be of the size 1920×1080 pixels or a 16:9 ratio.
- Stories – Instagram’s stories is the latest feature that gives the users an opportunity to share temporary images or videos which disappear after 24 hours. These stories appear in a bar at the top of the Instagram feed. The Instagram stories cover the whole page, so the size should be 1080×1920 pixels or a ratio of 16:9.
Bonus: Still confused? Don’t worry; we have these downloadable templates which you can use even when in hurry. Click on the download button below to get them.
These templates will serve as a basis (a starting point) for all your custom Instagram graphics. Also, find the infographic below.
Infographic-Instagram Photo Dimensions
Recommendation: Whether you are a graphic designer or not, the templates we have provided above will surely be useful for all. We recommend you to stick to the original and the basic dimension. Create an image which is in the ratio 1:1 i.e. 1080×1080 pixels sizes. This way, you can use these images in future as well since they are of the standard size and will fit in most of the screen sizes.