In this post we will talk about the best graphic design software like Coral Draw, Illustrator. Learn about these Graphic Design Pros and Cons; also get to know about similarities and differences between the design software Corel Draw vs Illustrator.
Today there are a variety of programs for graphic design. Within this range of options, we can highlight to Corel Draw and Illustrator into the vector design alternatives as two great many design professionals recommend using.
- Excellent Portrait Artworks Created by Corel Draw
- As a Beginner How Can I Improve My Graphic Design Skills
- How to Create Beautiful Vector Flower in Illustrator
Best Graphic Design Software 2018
We are here to find out about some of the differences and similarities between both programs. We will not try to decide which is better or worse, as this will depend on you and the type of work you need to perform.
But before you start, keep in mind that depending on the platform on which you find work, you can choose between the two options: if you’re a Windows user, you can choose both Illustrator as Corel Draw, but if you using MAC, you as the sole alternative to Illustrator, as Corel Draw has discontinued versions for MAC. It is also important to note that Illustrator is part of the suite of Adobe, why can be linked with the additional features of other Adobe tools that help enhance the work. Now, let’s see the differences and similarities of these Softwares:
Learn-ability: We personally consider Illustrator seems more intuitive and simple, although much will depend on how you go testing and playing with both tools to better understand how they work and which one suits you best.
Hardware: The hardware that requires functioning properly both is similar, so that side there is not much to say.
Uses: According to the work we need to do, Illustrator is often more advisable when you need a web design for the large number of tools that account; In addition, today companies are requesting professionals with mastery of this tool. On the other hand, if you’re looking to create designs for printing (billboards, banners, etc), you could opt for Corel Draw as an option, since most printers handle this software as their main working tool. It is in your hands to choose between any of these two options, just look for the one that best suits your needs.
Interface: On the one hand, Illustrator stands out for its interface aesthetics, good structure and orderly; Corel Draw, for its part, is advantageous for aligning objects and working with several pages at a time.
Corel Draw vs Illustrator
Adobe Illustrator Pros
- Mobile or desktop
- Mac and PC compatible
- Access to Adobe Stock (over 40 million royalty free photos and graphics)
- Create vector art and illustrations
- 30-day free trial
- Never lose your work
- Sync files between devices via Adobe CreativeSync
- Resize the images to any file size or format
- Phone and live chat
Adobe Illustrator Cons
- Pricey if you use it regularly
- Steep learning curve
Corel Draw Pros
- Resizes fonts and vector graphics
- Package of programs including photo editing
- Supports 100+ file formats, including Illustrator and Photoshop
- Create your own QR codes
- 5+ hours of training videos included, in addition to forums and support
- Content Exchange for sharing designs with a community of other users
- Great customer support
- 30-day money back guarantee
Corel Draw Cons
- PC only
- No free trial
- Steep learning curve
Via: DevCode | Image Credits: Designer Chennai