Elements of Bad Typography: Just like Good Typography is all around us, the Same thing with Bad Typography which is also everywhere. When looking at the typographic design, there are 5 elements of bad typography where you can potentially go wrong. Any one of these, if not handled properly, can create confusion where there should be none.
Related articles :
- Typography Principles – 10 Golden Rules to Combining Fonts
- Typography Tips: 10 Rules of Typography in Web Design
- Top 5 The Most Common Mistakes Made By Designers
- Contrast in King : 7 Principles of Typographic Contrast
- Font Moods: Emotions Elicited By Different Types Of Fonts!
These are 5 Elements of Bad Typography:
Kerning which refers to the way specific letter pairs fit together
Letter Spacing or Tracking both of which mean spacing applied to all letters
Word Spacing is exactly what it says, the spacing between whole words
Font Choice can help or hinder attempts at clear communication
Typographic Errors can sabotage even the best designs
Bad Typography Examples In the World
This is “KIDS EXCHANGES” but you read “KIDSEXCHANGE”.
This is “MEGAFLICKS” but you read “MEGAFUCKS”
These are examples of bad word spacing. At a glance, what does this store sign seem to say?